Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FUCKING DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN!

Sorry dad, I know I said I would cut down on my swearing in my blog but this one deserves it. Last night was by far the greatest live show I have ever been to! Even before we got to the venue I had butterflies in my stomach and was even a little nervous. I had seen Dillinger before last night when they opened for Cavilary conspiracy or whateverthefuck their name is and I was to say the least dissapointed in the show in general. It just didn't live up to the reputation they have for being one of the best live bands in the world. Luckily last night made up for that ten fold!

I'll start this off with a quote from Mr. Greg Puciato himself:

"Ok so sitting backstage at Reggie's Rock Club in Chicago, about to eat some dinner, figured I'd check in with you guys. First off, thanks to everyone who has come out so far...to Long Island, to Philadelphia, to DC, to Raleigh, to Bonnaroo, to Pontiac. These shows have been amazing and very invigorating for us as a band. Every one of these shows has been shockingly high energy, and the vibe between us and you guys has never been higher. Last night alone, when within seconds the stage barricade was pushed over and eventually taken out, fuuuuuck. There are people coming who have seen us 50 times, 20 times, 7 times, and many people who are just seeing us for the first time. All coming separately, but all leaving as one big sweaty blob ready to tell posers everywhere to SUCK IT."

I was standing right behind that barricade when it got annihilated by the overpowering mob of fans. The security guard was trying the whole entire first song to pull the barricade out from under the crowd and finally had to call in reinforcements. Even then they couldn't get the bike racks out for at least one more song. After they freed the beast(crowd) everyone moved forward and people were instantly crushed into each other as dillinger rocked the fuck out of the 250 people crammed into the pike room.

Now I know this show sounds crazy but there is no way to fathom the insanity of being in this crowd unless you were next to me being crushed, tripped, and all together raped by my fellow dillinger enthusiasts. At one point I thought I was either going to puke, pass out or just plain die from heat exhaustion. Basically it was what felt like an eternity of ear shattering kick ass rock that I wanted to be over and go on forever simultaneously. It's been 24 hours and my ears are still ringing! I could go into more detail but you just had to be there. It was something I will never forget and I can't wait until I get to do it again.

No comments: